What was NOT a theme anything Technical
Do What you are passionate about!
Always Be Learning
Work Hard, Don’t Stop.
Three Categories of Advice
Thinking of the advice like a function…
1. Input Parameters – What should you being doing to bring in good influence and inputs.
2. Function Body – How is a good developer composed? What are they doing?
3. Outputs – The results good developers are working towards?
Community Involvement (second most frequent piece of advice)
– Pair / Mob Programming
– Podcasts (6FigureDev is a good one I hear!)
– Books (The right ones … ie non-technical)
– Blog Posts
Find your passion (most noted piece of advice)
– Leverage interests to keep motivation
– Don’t stop, keep hustling
– Take small steps and iterate
Don’t Be Afraid of Failure
– Everyone struggles
– Learn from your failures
– Embrace the critism and learn from it
Focus on Learning What Does not Change
– How to Learn
– Development Principles
– Soft Skills … !important Communication
– Design / UX / User Experience
– Git Hub
– Linked In
– Blog what you have learned
“Tempting Time” by Animals As Leaders used with permissions – All Rights Reserved
An International Speaker, Author, and Microsoft MVP, John has been a professional developer since 1999. He has focused primarily on web technologies and currently focuses on C# and .NET Core in Azure. Clean code and professionalism are particularly important to him, as well as mentoring and teaching others what he has learned along the way.