This week we’re going to talk about our Top 10 Tips for Developers.
Not in any particular order:
- Learn some source control (git)
- Learn Scripting Language
- Learn Someone Else Job (Especially, QA and BA)
- Think from the Users Perspective
- Learn Cross Technology Practices (Development Patterns/Architecture Patterns)
- Under Promise and Over Deliver (Estimates)
- Slow Down!
- Simplify (Don’t be clever)
- Always be learning (Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten)
- Work on Human Skills (They’re not soft skills)
“Tempting Time” by Animals As Leaders used with permissions – All Rights Reserved
An author and Microsoft MVP, John has been a professional developer since 1999. He has focused primarily on web technologies and has experience with everything from PHP to C# to ReactJS to SignalR. Clean code and professionalism are particularly important to him, as well as mentoring and teaching others what he has learned along the way.